5.23.2010

Kick Start

I'm trying to kick start myself into getting back to putting down my thoughts.  I still can't believe that we've got as much going on with the house as we do.  But I'm trying.

This was the first weekend we've been in the house where we had NO PLANS.  None.  No friends or family scheduled to come over, no road trips, nothing.  And it felt amazing.  I put a huge dent into getting my office unpacked.  It's really been the lowest priority as far as unpacking goes.  I've got half the basement devoted to my office so the room is out of sight and therefore can wait.  This weekend I got most of the boxes opened and a lot of stuff put away, or at least near where it's going to go.  I've still got a lot to do to get it to the condition I want it, but this is a start.  I'll post pictures once it's done.

The rest of the house is an ongoing mess.  Because of the time table we had to work with, we weren't able to get the place painted before we moved in.  The entire house needs a once over (and in some cases, a twice or thrice over) with a paint brush.  Some of the colors the former owners painted the rooms is really just unforgivable.  Once we got in the house, we lined up a bunch of painters to give us estimates.  We chose one who was supposed to start this past Monday.  Monday they called with some cock and bull story about why they were late.  Which turned into another cock and bull story about why they weren't here yet.  Which turned into yet another one.  Needless to say that if they're going to lie (and that poorly) to us, we didn't want them.  So they got fired before they even started.  As it stands right now, we've got no painters, yet the whole house is kind of ripped apart to be painted.  Most of the estimates we got were just a little too much out of our budget.  We're now in the process of getting new estimates for the entire first floor of the house and the two story foyer.  Once we can get this place painted, it'll be a completely different place.  Until then, a little more chaos.

I can't say enough how much I love my new house.  I adore it.  Every time I've moved in the past, no matter how much I liked the new place, I'd be a little sad for some part of the old house.  For some reason, I have none of that for the old house.  Nothing.  I think over the last year or so, I'd grown to hate that house so much that I'm happy it's in my past.  With all the work we put into it to get it ready to sell, I think I've taken all the bad feelings and associated them directly with that house.  I'm sure in a few months I'll start to have happy thoughts about the place again, but for now, nothing.  

Every morning I wake up and can't believe I live where I do.  I love the house.  I love the neighborhood.  I love the area.  I feel like I've hit the lottery for a life altering jackpot.  I never want this feeling to go away.


1 comment:

(F)redddy said...

And I can't fight this feeeeeeling any mooooooore, I've forgotten what I've ... what's my line?

Proud of you bitches, seriouslies.