7.07.2007

M-E-T-H-O-D O-F C-R-A-P

My friend Carol called yesterday and said that the Hall & Oates concert isn't selling at all and she's got free tickets for us. I rolled my eyes, but Ken was very excited about this. I wasn't interested in going, but because he really wanted to, I said I'd go. The last time this happened was a few months ago when Duran Duran were here. We went expecting to leave a couple songs in, but stayed for the entire show because it was awesome. Anyway, we go to the show. And it was pretty bad. I can't quite put my finger on why, though. They sounded pretty good, I think. They played mostly hits, though a lot of the arrangements were new. The crowd was certainly into it. But the show was just bad. Bad, as in one of the worst shows I think I've been to. Don't believe me? Go to their website and for $25, you can order a live recording of tonight's show. I make it sound like I would never have anything to do with Hall & Oates otherwise. Not true. This is the third time I've seen them in concert. First time was back in the late 80s. Second time was as an opener for Carly Simon, back in '94. I enjoyed them both those other times.

So it's bad enough we're at a crappy ass show. Half way through the show, Ken realizes he doesn't have his keys. He tries to look around on the floor for them, but can't find them. When the show ended, we did a more thorough search for them. No luck. Maybe he left them at the concession counter? We checked and no one turned in any keys. Then maybe he thought he dropped them on the way from the car to the theater. Nope. We did find them eventually. In the ignition of the still running car. Asshole never turned the car off when we got there. The car sat running for three hours. Luckily he filled the tank today.

No comments: