7.22.2007

Bits and Pieces

* Weigh in today was a good one. I was at 235, the lowest I've charted yet. I'm 5 pounds away from my next goal. I want to be 230 in time for vacation. Also, I was 230 when Ken and I got together 13 years ago (even though I put down 225 in my personal ad.) I just hope I can stay at 235 for my next weigh in. I think I'll be up because I had some pretty shitty eating habits this week. Plus, I've managed to avoid soda for the last 6 days, but that's going to come to an end tomorrow. That's not going to help much. And, I just got home from Cheesecake Factory. Since I've hardly had anything to eat this weekend, I said 'fuck it' and got a piece of the Hot Fudge Sundae Cheesecake. I think there were more calories in that single slice of cake than I've had in the last three days. :-)

* I went clothes shopping yesterday. I need new shorts in the worst kind of way. Sure, I've got plenty, but they're all too big. I picked up three pairs, got them home and tried them on. They were too big. It's the first time I've been clothes shopping in a year. The last time I bought pants or shorts, I bought waist size 44. Yesterday I bought size 40, thinking they would it. Nope. I'm down to a 38 (until the cheesecake settles....) I was so thrilled that I went out bought another pair when I exchanged the bigger ones. And I'm extra thrilled because it's so much easier to find size 38 than it is 40. I'll be able to buy in the regular people store. Pants, at least. I still need tall sizes for shirts.

* At simpsonsmovie.com you can create your own Simpsons version of yourself. Here is mine.

*Idiot me left a roll of paper towels on the floor last night and woke up this morning to it shredded. Ollie loves shredding paper towels and toilet paper. I should be mad at him, but I'm just mad at myself.

* Big Brother starts in 5 minutes. I'll start watching it at 8:30. The dvr is a wonderful thing. I know this won't appear until Tuesday's show, but I'm beyond thrilled at the winner of the POV this week.

*I just read that the Sci-Fi Channel is going to be showing Torchwood starting soon. I've watched the whole first series already, but I'm still kind of excited by this.

* I bought this used off of amazon.com for $1.50. It arrived on Saturday. I'm thrilled.

* This wasn't a very productive weekend, but I feel like I got more done than usual. The weather was amazing, too. I sat out in the back yard for a while with a stack of comics, soaking up the sun and reading. Sunday afternoons are meant for this.

* I've stepped my walking back up a little. The neuroma issue I have in both feet seems to have subsided for now. I don't know if it's the fact that I've lost weight or the weather has been good (bad weather seems to make them act up) or my new shoes are really the right ones for me.... I'm still not back up to walking as much as I was at my peak, but I'm getting there. Also, my carpal tunnel hasn't been bothering me much at all lately. I'm just so damn happy my body isn't giving me anything to bitch and moan about. My wrists seem to be weather sensitive, too, so maybe it is the decent weather that's contributing to the lack of pain?

* I know there were other things I wanted to write about, but I've since forgotten them. They'll come to me tonight just as I'm about to doze off.

No comments: