2.26.2012

Sunday

I had one of the more enjoyable Sunday afternoons today that I can remember in recent history. My friend Jon, whom I went to high school with, was in town and he came by the house, we went out for lunch and got caught up on life. It's odd, though. Even though Jon and I went to high school together, I don't recall us ever saying one word to each other. I didn't have a tremendous number of friends in high school (Shocker!), just a small core group. I was fine with that. After high school, I lost touch with most of the people I went to school with anyway, instead falling in with a new group of friends.

I want to say that maybe ten years ago I discovered my high school alumni website. I signed up and created a profile under my class (1984, if you were curious), not really expecting anything from it. I remember getting a random email from Jon around that time. I responded, but then never heard back from him again. I don't know if it was anything I said or what. Again, no big whoop. I was very happy, though, to finally get back in touch with one of my favorite people from back then via the site.

Fast forward to a couple years back and I get a friend request on Facebook from Jon. I give him all sorts of credit for being persistent. And since then, we've gotten to know each other. Facebook is just way too easy to stay in touch.

Anyway, Jon was in town for the weekend and after a couple of false starts, we managed to get together today. I haven't seen him in just over a year, I think. He came up to the house and got to meet Ken. We went out to lunch and discovered he and Ken have a LOT in common. Just about everything Jon's been able to do (mostly travel and where he's been and where he's going) is something that Ken has either done or dreams to do. They talked a lot about travel. I'm scared now if they start talking. LOL!

All in all, it was such a nice afternoon. Knowing Jon was coming was the kick in the pants I needed to get some cleaning done, too. Now that he's gone, the house can go to back to hell again.

No comments: