3.05.2010

Another Friday Night

It's another Friday night and I should be doing something more productive than playing on the computer.  Tonight and tomorrow are it as far doing house stuff, for the most part.  The house is officially on the market right now and our first open house is on Sunday.  I'm doing much better than I thought I would be doing at this point.  Sure, I was kind of freaked out on Wednesday as we finalized the paperwork with the real estate agent, but I've been okay since.  Which is surprising because this is all new, unknown territory for me and I HATE THE UNKNOWN.  I'm scared to death of it.  

Anyway, tonight and tomorrow we need to do all the last minute stuff.  The rest of the house needs a good cleaning.  The front porch has to be reorganized from top to bottom.  Almost every room needs a little touch up paint here and there.  Funny.  As I'm typing this, Ken just walked in and handed me a two page list of things we need to do tomorrow.  I guess there's more than I was thinking. 

I say that I'm taking things much better than I expected, but I've noticed things I've been doing that I'm sure are a direct result of some underlying stress.  I've been eating crap like it's been going out of style.  Way more than I usually do.  I'm fearing for my weigh in on Sunday this week.  I've been doing so good for the longest stretch.  I'd hate to see me take a step or two back.

On Sunday, our real estate agent wants us to vacate the place during the open house (which is a given), but he also wants us to take the cats with us.  This is going to be fun.  Not.  We're going to be out of the house with them for four hours.  This wouldn't be so bad except Lucy is a crier.  She will cry from the second she goes into the carrier to the second she gets out of it.  Ollie barely meows at all, but when Lucy cries incessantly, it makes him start to mew, too.  I don't know how much I'm going to be able to take.  I'm hoping Lucy tires herself out after a little while.  We're going to take the cats on a road trip.  We'll see how that pans out.

I had a lot more to say about the week that's passed, but for the life of me, I can't seem to recall any of what else has been going on.  Pretty typical for me, I guess.  Especially lately.

No comments: